• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile acid

I have two strictures, one in the ileum and one in the dudoneum.

Elemental 028 has worked great for the dudoneum.

Ballon dilation has worked in the dudonum.

But the other thing I notice that is highly highly effective is omeprazole.

I had always thought stomach acid was my problem.

But omeprazole must be giving some form or protection from bile acid.

To the extent where I'm 90% good on omeprazole and bed bound without them.

But I'm working on getting off the omeprazole again only had to take them for last 9 months, hoping an elemental diet 8 weeks will heal ulcers and stricture in dudoneum.

But in summary there may be something in this maybe.

I had always thought stomach acid was my problem.

But omeprazole must be giving some form or protection from bile acid.

To the extent where I'm 90% good on omeprazole and bed bound without them.

But I'm working on getting off the omeprazole again only had to take them for last 9 months, hoping an elemental diet 8 weeks will heal ulcers and stricture in dudoneum.

But in summary there may be something in this maybe.
That's very interesting! I've been on continuous double dose lansoprazole due to a hiatal hernia and no way to fix it due to a genetic disorder, and my crohn's stays surprisingly stable, so I wonder if that's another part of it.

It's highly complex, seams the liver is part of it.

There is a condition called psc, 80% of people who have psc have ibd,

And the liver works in sync with the intestines.

I just find all this so complex, is there one small thing throwing everything out of sync or multiple things.

Seams to be a bit more coming to light in recent times.

hi.
I haven’tbeen around for some time. I’m on Stelara (new to me). After failing Humira,remicade, 6mp, Cimzia and my latest Simponi.
I just received the Stelara infusion 4 weeks ago. I’m not sure if it will work. I’m also taking budesomide(Works great)
BUT...ON THE TOPIC OF OMEPRAZOLE
I”m taking 40 mg daily. And yes...crohns does cause problems with your liver enzymes And Methotrexate causes problems with your liver enzymes. So no matter what they say, omeprazol is your friend. If you feel like it’s too much, take a low dose and take tums Too. It might work. I’ve stopped worrying about the omeprazol. I just take it now.
‘Good luck.