• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile malabsotion

since my last surgery have had constant d 15 20 bm aday doc cant dx have had 2 ct says he sees small blip not sure what it is may be scar tissue could scar tissiue lead to this much d last scope i was to inflamed to get scope thru gong to try a scope tommorw this seems like b.a.m already trid questrian didnt help resection nov 2015 removed 38 cm small intestine not sure how much colon doc says this is not enough to cause this what is going on

Not sure. Was your last scope done sometime after surgery? If so, your disease might be active and that might be why they couldn't get the scope all the way through. Your doctor would know best about that.

Hi John. I had a resection in 2012 and since then I've had issues with bile malabsorption. If your ileocaecal valve has been removed, that often leads to BAM. I find I can control it somewhat by avoiding food which is very greasy, oily or fatty. I haven't tried it myself, but a lot of people say that psyllium husk is a good and effective natural remedy for BAM.