• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bile salts?

B

btcrv

I have not been feeling 100% lately and have been having 'd' sometimes. My doctor thinks it may be due to bile salts instead of Crohn's. Does anyone know anything about that?

Thank you!

D

Donna

Hi BT...
I have chronic diarhea, and have had it for 3 years now. I have been all sorts of meds, but still have the big d. Recently my doc said that I should try this one medication to lower your bile output. I think the med was called Colestid or something like that. He said too much bile could produce diarhea. Maybe that is what your doc was talking about???

Just thought I would give my own 2 cents worth...hope it helps!

Donna

B

btcrv

Sounds likely... I had my gall bladder taken out last summer at the same time I had a bowel reserection. He thinks my bile duct may be leaking.

Thanks for the input

V

Valentina

never heard of that! interesting. hope you sort it all out, and feel better soon.

K

Kate

i have read that the bile does make a difference and i think donna could be going in the right direction but ive never had that problem