• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Biopsies

I had a colonoscopy yesterday. It's been a while since my last, but it seemed that they took a lot of biopsies. I got a report afterwards which shows that they took 22. I have no idea if that's more than usual or not.

Anyone know what the usual is?

think the most i've ever had was about 12?

maybe its a new procedure where they remove your bowel 15mg at a time? ;)

They may be taking them from little areas that look inflammed or flaring. If you have CD at a lot of different spots throughout they usually take more. Butt I never heard of 22. Let us know how it turns out for ya:)

No polyps this time. There were 4 sites that he took biopsies from. Six from three of them and four from one. He was just being thorough I expect.

i seem to remember my doctor saying they took 16 from me i didn't no if that was alot or not so i didn't think twice about it.