• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia and Crohn's

So I had been doing well and noticed less and less pain since I was no longer in a depressive state. I guess this meant that I was in a manic state. I met a woman who I began to obsess over (not weird though) and had a psychotic break where I was believing in god (although I'm an atheist), writing papers on immortality and how that those of us with crohn's and other genetic mutations are the next evolutionary step in humanity.

This being said whenever I'm in a depressive state the anxiety got worse and worse (especially during college finals) that I would be hospitalized for severe pain and inflammation.

Can there be a connection between these two genetic flaws? Or is one just a symptom of the other.

Keep in mind I was on Prednisone for nearly 4 years before I was able to be taken off.