• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Black watery stools everytime I eat!

Me again..... Still awaiting colonoscopy. Been eating a little more. All gluten free foods and my stool has now changed to watery black dioreah. All bloods were normal last week and stool was tested for infection ect....normal too. My stool has gone from loose with mucus, soft with mucous always a dark brown colour but now it's black and watery. Any info on this guys. What does it sound like to you?????

Diagnosed celiac 2010 strict gluten free
Awaiting colonoscopy
Bloods normal last week and stool

Black stools can be from diet (blueberries, licorice), meds (iron, pepto-bismol) and gi bleeding. Black stools from gi bleeding are typically tarry. Given the possibility of bleeding, I suggest letting your doctor know today.

Thanks xmdmom
The stools aren't tar like ie: they don't have consistency of tar they are just watery black. My doctor knows about this and has referred me for a colonoscopy. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. Iv eaten no berries and don't take iron supplements. I eat healthily, plenty of vegetables, fish. All iv eaten today is vegetable broth and gluten free crisp bread. No sooner is it in its back out again. Really would like to know what the hell it is I'm losing patience waiting for this colonoscopy. Hoping it's not bleeding and that my insides aren't being compromised because of this long wait.....7 weeks!

Would there be any possibility of getting the date brought forward? It's always so hard having to wait, hope you get peace of mind really soon.

:poo:Thanks Lynda and upset mom
I have consistently rang my doctors and the hospital 2 referrals (urgent) were lost and the third was sent last week! Hence the wait. I'm starting to worry about these black stools. Above I said they were watery but since going to pass two more times they are actually very tar like and have small streaks of fresh blood( maybe due to my internal heamorrhoids) I want to ring the dr but really feel like I'm wasting my time and they will just say await the colonoscopy. It is soooo frustrating. Never had black stools like this. Been loose for weeks but not black!

I would really recommend contacting someone about the stools, maybe even your gp? If for nothing else but peace of mind.