• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bladder? Baker's Cyst?

Just went to my Gastroenterologist for first time in 3 years and he asked me about bladder pain (which I have coincidentally just started having in the last few months). Has anyone ever heard of that in connection with Crohn's?

Also, I recently developed a Baker's Cyst behind my knee, along with tendonitis and mild arthritis there. My doc said Baker's Cyst is common with Crohn's, although I had never heard that before. How are we supposed to get in shape, if our bodies are sore all over? i feel like an old lady. :(

also - I don't mean to insult anyone or minimize our suffering - how do we know ANY of our other symptoms are Crohn's related. I mean, some are well-documented, but maybe we just have a tendency to assume every single thing we suffer is somehow related. If i break a toenail, is it because I have brittle nails due to Crohn's? My husband doesn't have Crohn's, but he gets plenty of issues that come and go, just like me. How do we know? I am just venting here... I hate to be ill, or see myself as a walking symptom book.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Nothing seems to be off the table,I found the same, no matter what the problem it is "crohns" related,and pushes you aside for the time being. Bladder pain can happen because you could have a fistula and connecting there. A small bowel follow through will show up for that.

As for feeling like an old lady...been that way since 2003, my last resection... the joys of crohn's. Even when you are feeling old we still have to move. Have you had your bloods done? Many people are low in b12, and magnesium and both are helpful to arthritis.

Keep us posted and venting is allowed!!! Hugsxx

Thanks for the info. I was terrified when he said the bladder pain could be Crohns related because I immediately feared fistula, and then told myself, 'uh, uh, no way, not THAT.' I don't even know if I want to ask how they would fix that...
I feel so angry at Crohns sometimes, even though I am thankful that I don't suffer worse. I just feel scared.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I get bladder infections all the time, and if they are reoccuring it can be a kidney stone forming, it did mine. Dont be scared, just get tested. Urine tests are faster too. Let us know what happens? What part of Ontario are you in?

I feel ya! I'm 36 going on 80 most days anymore. My entire body is sore from the time I wake up til I lay down at night. Fatigue has been my middle name for awhile now. Hang in there!!!