• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bleeding after Anal Discharging Sinus Operation

Dear All,

I had my surgery for discharging sinus and lateral internal sphrinctomy for chronic anal fissure and abscess 35 days ago. Everything is going well. I have no pain. Discharge from wound is minimum now a days. I have seen 2-3 drops of blood with stool or after bm for last two days. I went to my surgeon. He has told me it's natural to have some bleeding. It requires near about 3 months to heal properly. But I am confused and tensed about it. There is no pain and burning sensation after bleeding. I am having regular bm and soft stool. Does anybody have similar experience? Please help me.

Iv had surgery for a pionial sinus(spelling) also surgery again in October 2014 to remove 2 fistulas ... Nearly a year on I still have some discharge although I was told they were both obliterated and some bleeding. Very minimal I might add. The gastro Doctor didn't seem to concerned when I told her only last week so I'd assume it must be some way normal and takes time

David

Co-Founder
If your surgeon says it's normal and you're not experiencing other symptoms, I think it's ok to wait the 3 months. If it continues to persist, I'm sure the surgeon will be the first to suggestion additional testing.

I again met my surgeon. He told me not to worry. But I am always afraid. Sometimes 5-6 drops blood comes after bowl movement. I don't feel any pain. Is it common for fistula operation?