• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bleeding AFTER Steroid use

I had some major back pain the past few weeks so doctor prescribed Methyldose pack (a six-day pack). Three days after finishing, I woke up with an attack like I haven't had in years!! Major cramps, diarrhea, cold sweaters, body shaking -- and ending with mucus and blood.

That was Friday night/Saturday morning. (BTW, it's Tuesday and I still haven't gone to the potty!! I'm worried I have inflammatio or a stricture!)

But my questions....I thought steroids were good. Why would have an attack after use??

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I'm not sure. But, one thing I do know. Have you contacted your doctor? Not going to the bathroom for 5 days is not good. I'm thinking a trip to the ER might be in store. Hope you're feeling better soon. Please keep us updated.

Last edited:
I went this morning--very little--still some bleeding. Damn. I see doctor at 2:30pm. Thanks for the reply.

He is thinking an infection, since I have been subbing a lot at the kids' school!! Blood test and stool samples ordered. RX for Levsin (Hyoscyamine) and Probiotics.