• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bleeding with regular BMs

Other than my never end cycle of fistulas and abscesses, I have been feeling good lately. But within the last week or two I have had rectal bleeding with my BMs. I should mention that my BMs are fairly regular (1-3 times a day) and not diarrhea. It looks like blood is in the #2 and also coming out. I have no idea what this means. I mentioned it to my GI last week and she really didn’t seem worried about it. I feel like I should be worried. Bleeding isn't normal, right? She did say that I am due for a colonoscopy within the next month or two and she would like to see what’s going on. I am also going in for fistula surgery Friday. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I thought so. I have the same experience as you - the only time I have had bleeding is during a flare, but for me that is usually constant diarrhea. I have never had a flare with out the big D. I suppose I should call the surgeon and at least alert her to this.

Thank you for responding!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Yes, bleeding is a concern. I would certainly be more proactive with your doctor about this issue. Keep us posted!