• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bloating and cramping remedy

Just had a bad bout of bloating and cramping, probably from eating some seaweed I couldn't handle. It was getting bad enough to begin thinking i might have food poisoning. Anyway i took a combination of Glutenease DPP-IV digestive enzymes, 3 activated charcoal pills, 1 15mg zinc pill and a nettle tea, and within half an hour everything had settled down nicely, and I was even able to eat a broth and some banana bread for supper. Don't know if this combination will work for others and other circumstances, but just wanted to share.l

That is good news. Make sure a doctor is monitoring you. There could be damage going on in your body that you are not aware of.

Have you tried peppermint oil? I think it works really well and very quickly. I usually put a drop in a glass of water or tea.

That is good news. Make sure a doctor is monitoring you. There could be damage going on in your body that you are not aware of.
Thanks Ronroush, you've said it before, and now you have got me thinking. I live in the UK, and basically once the GI ward has discharged someone, you're back to just GP services. There's a kind of crisis here in the National Health Service so only acute cases get seen and followed up. They do do a few tests on the National Health, and i'm going to look into them, but for instance the bowel cancer tests only screens for polyps, which as far as I remember isn't particularly useful.

I would like know my inflammatory markers, and particularly if I've got elevated zonulin levels. I also want to know if my microbiome composition is dysbiotic. These tests aren't currently offered but you've got me thinking i should do the research and get tested privately. So thanks for the head's up.