• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bloating and fizzy-feeling burps

Hi all

On occasion I get some bloating and with it, maybe fizzy burps. It's like I had a soda but I didn't. The fizz feeling goes right up to my nasal cavities when I burp. It can also taste like I drank beer but I don't drink beer and haven't in years. So I figure something is brewing in my stomach or bowels, either yeast or bacteria overgrowth. I think it is the latter. It will eventually go away but never know why it started in the first place.

I have Crohn's but it has been under control for almost 5 years now where I've been pred-free since February 2010.

Do you have acid reflux? Sounds like that could be an issue.
I am on Nexium and get occasional reflux but usually not with a fizzy sensation going up to the throat and even the sinus cavities.

I may be having a mild flareup for the past 4-5 days. I never know anymore since the surgeries I had in 2008 and 2010. Flareups don't present themselves in the same way anymore.

Hi Brad, i know it’s an old post but I’m new to this forum. Your post came up in a google search i did. You’re the only other person i can find that mentions fizzy burps that taste like beer. Mine too. I’m wondering if you ever got a diagnosis for this. No one will take me seriously but I’m really concerned about it.