• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bloating and Weight Gain on Humira??

Has anyone else had any significant bloating or weight gain while on Humira? I got put on it in October and since then have put on about 10 lbs, constantly feel bloated, and most of my pants no longer fit :(
I started working out more, went from once a week to at least 3, and started eating better, but nothing is working. I just keep gaining weight. Any thoughts?

I am the heaviest I have ever been after being on Humira for 18 months. I don't know if it is the Humira, or the surgery.

Yes, I gained weight on Humira - my doc tells me it’s because my inflammation is down and I started to absorb all the nutrients from food.

IVe lost weight being on it (Humiria)
But my brother who is on Infliximab has put on so much weight the poor guy isnt eating rubbish food far from it but the weight just keeps going on.

they seem to a take a pretty philosophical view at the hospital and accept some do have weight gain but its a price worth paying for the results it delivers.

exit4 has hit it, my doctors have said the same. But in my case I am still tapering from Prednesone after 8 months, so my case might not be fair with water bloat contributing to my mess.

Yeah I gained weight when I first went on it, then after my surgery I havn't gained back any weight on it? odd...

Thanks everyone :). So glad I'm not alone in this situation and absorbing more nutrients now makes more sense.....not to say I'm happy about it, but glad to be slowly getting better.

Has anyone else had any significant bloating or weight gain while on Humira? I got put on it in October and since then have put on about 10 lbs, constantly feel bloated, and most of my pants no longer fit :(
I started working out more, went from once a week to at least 3, and started eating better, but nothing is working. I just keep gaining weight. Any thoughts?
Since starting on Humira, I have regained my apetite, and I am hoping that I will put on weight as a result :)