• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blocked up for 2-3 weeks

Hi Guys,

This is my first post, I have had Ulcerative Colitis for 6 years now, I'm 28 years old and I am currently very "blocked up"

I haven't done a decent stool in the last 2-3 weeks, I have been taking Lactulose Syrup for the last week to try unblock things but I am not having any luck.

Also along with being blocked up, I have been having a lot of blood and mucus when I feel like I need to go, I occasionally have a bit of diarrhea as well. I have never had a flare up like this. I had a really tight feeling in my left hand side of my gut tonight, after passing wind it was ok however but I am worried at my lack of "outgoings"

Does any one know what I should do? I have been drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of fruit. Any other tips?

I went to my local doctor and they referred me for bloods, which I got back and they were normal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

nogutsnoglory

You should be seen by your gastroenterologist not a regular internist. I'd suggest laxatives to help you move your bowels but considering the blood I don't think you should do anything before a professional assesses what's going on

I feel for you. I would no do anything else, take nothing else, until you see your GI doctor. This is a strangely different than your other flares. Take notes, tell your doctor, and maybe stop taking the Lactulose Syrup. Take that pressure off your system, and get to your GI. Best of luck, and let us know what happens.