• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood in stool again

L

leah131

Hi all!
Hope everyone here is well. For a while I was doing good and now it came back again. I have blood in my stool again. I saw it twice today. Sometimes I don't go to the bathroom at all then next I go like 6x a day. What could this be? Write Back Soon,
Leah

This could be a lot of things. One it could be that you have a small fissure which is giving you blood after you pass a hard stool or a lot of stool at once. This is because your butt needs to everyday go to the bathroom to feel good as your stool consistency is not great. Next you could have some scarring in your intestines so therefore it causes a blockage and when your stool is pushed through it causes you to bleed. It could also be that your butt is chafed or very tender so it can be torn by any hard stool that comes out. If I were your though I would go and call the doctor tomorrow.

Good luck Leah

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I would tell your doctor Leah. Lose of blood can make your hemoglobin count low, which means you will be low in iron and can cause you to feel less energetic (not usually noticeable until after you correct your iron deficiency, but there is a difference). You may also be developing hemroids, which is not necessarily as bad as it sounds (if you have never had them before). If this is the case then there are several products you can take (prescription and without a prescription) to treat this.

V

Valentina

I would make sure to keep track of how your getting along each day, and then when you see your DR next, you have a list ready to talk about. its hard when your first going through it all to keep track of it all. I would always forget to tell him half of what I needed to say because of nerves, and this all being so new to me and lets face it, very scary.
the blood could be many things like has been said, its hard to guess, were all so different with side effects and issues. I would def take it up with ur DR.

L

leah131

There were some blood in my underwear too as well. I will be calling my GI tomorrow to let him know.
Leah

S

ScottMan

A general guideline I hear is, if it's bright blood, it's coming from farther down the track. If it's dark and drab, it's farther up. So like really bright blood could be hemmorhoids, while darker blood might be from the small bowels. (Either way, yeah. Call the doc ASAP and find out for sure. :) )

ETA: Oh wow, that message is a few days old. Eh, I'm so out of it!