• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood test kit freaking me out

nogutsnoglory

I have had a zillion blood tests and I watch what they do because I'm a germaphobe. They almost always open the needle from a little half plastic/thick paper backing container and they use the same elastic band and suction cup on each person.

today is the first time I saw the needle in a little plastic sleeve. I'm now scared that somehow its some cheap alternative made in China or I don't know. I never saw that before and the phlebotomist was very nasty so I didn't want to say too much.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
When you say a plastic sleeve - there had to be something covering the end of the needle where it attaches to the syringe etc...some needles incorporate a plastic cap which gets twisted off inspead of being in a bubble type of package.

This is an example....

They have been around a looonngggg time...

Spooky1

I'm sorry, but I've just giggled. No Guts is worried that the syringe was made in China and Paso has just uploaded a pic of the Chinese syringe made in China and on the Chinese Alibaba site. tee hee