• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood test shows pancreatitis - other possibilities?

So I had an appointment with my nurse today just for a general check up and we were looking at a letter sent from my GI last week that said my latest blood test had shown signs of Pancreatitis, but I had no symptoms which is true. I'm not very happy that my GI didn't mention this when I saw him on Monday, but was wondering if anyone knew if those blood test reaulta that show signs of it could be something else instead? Has anyone ever had this?

I know that it is something to be very careful with. I think I was looked at for this early on when I had an obstruction. Can't remember if I actually had it or not. I was always under the impression that pancreatitis was extremely painful. Fingers are crossed that whatever the issue is, it resolves quickly and well for you.

And yes, I think it is pretty pathetic that a doctor would mention that to another without informing you. It took me three years to find out that I had a hiatus hernia when I thought my acid blocker was just due to a slow moving bowel. No doctor that I was seeing had informed me.

I had acute pancreatitis in the past and was hospitalized with this; I was very ill. Don't know much more about it except that all they can do for this condition is a nothing by mouth and IV fluids.

vonfunk

Bourbon Bandito
I had pancreatitis when I was on azathioprine, they diagnosed it with blood work because I was in absolutely no pain. They caught it because I spend 6 hours vomiting, apparently I had been suffering with it for a few days before I started vomiting. My doctor called me in a panic the next day when the blood work came back.

Same here. I had pancreatitis while on azathioprine, diagnosed with blood work. I was nauseous all the time, vomiting, and was extremely pale.

Four years ago, I threw up six times, in the middle of the night. I went to the emergency room. They did blood work and it showed pancreaitis. I guess it could be something else for you. Maybe you should ask for a second opinion. I wish you the best.

I had pancreatitis when I was on azathioprine, they diagnosed it with blood work because I was in absolutely no pain. They caught it because I spend 6 hours vomiting, apparently I had been suffering with it for a few days before I started vomiting. My doctor called me in a panic the next day when the blood work came back.
When I had mine, I remember more vomitting. I don't remember the pain so much.