• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood tests

I am on azathioprine and get blood tested monthly - FBC, LFT, U+E. Does anyone know if inflammation testing such as CRP and ESR would be covered in these or would the doctor have to specifically request these to be covered.

I'm pretty sure they do, I've got a little book they record it all in. I'll have a look at it when I get home and let you know!

I am on azathioprine and get blood tested monthly - FBC, LFT, U+E. Does anyone know if inflammation testing such as CRP and ESR would be covered in these or would the doctor have to specifically request these to be covered.

I'm pretty sure they do, I've got a little book they record it all in. I'll have a look at it when I get home and let you know!