• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blood transfusion

blood transfusion

Hi every one this is ians wife heather, I just wanted to give everyone an update on ian.
Ian was rushed in to hospital yesterday for a blood transfusion as he has lost so much blood. for the last 3 weeks he has been so poorly and getting worse and would not let me call his dr any way i called him monday and we saw him yesterday and he had blood and urine samples taken and he also had a hugh heamoroid which was cut and the blood clot taken out he also has to have calcium injections he is also to have a minor op tomorrow to clean him out and a scan and another colonoscopy on monday. the last few weeks have been awful as i felt so inadeqete as he is asking me to help him and i couldnt. Iam so pleased he found this site although he never told me until today that he had joined it anyway i will keep u all posted. It is so reassuring to know that we have support from other people who know what ian is going and that wre not alone.
lifesover is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Heather,

Posted on Ian's original post. Good luck with everything and thanks for the update....................

:goodluck:

Thinking about you both, :hug:
Dusty