• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blu ecig

Hi,I quit smoking 5/22/15,once I was told I had Crohns.Had my ileum removed 9/22/15.Took up ecigs right after.I've been in constant,all day,every day stomach pains since.I never thought it might be from the ecig.I stopped the ecig yesterday.Could this be the culprit? I'm at the point,if it wasn't for my 11 year old son,,well,,i don't wanna say..:( I cannot take this pain in my gut anymore.Will I get ANY relief from stopping the ecig? Thanks

Hi
I have been using an ecig on and off for the last couple of years. I occasionally go back to smoking cigarettes during times of stress. All I know is that when I'm using an ecig my Crohns is much better than when I'm smoking cigarettes. I personally don't believe that your ecig is what's causing you problems. I'm sorry to hear about the pain your in. I hope it gets better.

Also I don't know where your located but if you can access medical cannabis it has always been the only thing that has really cleared up my symptoms. It's not a cure but a small amount will at least take the pain away give you an appetite and allow you to get a proper nights sleep. I hope that helps.
Best wishes.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Are you on any type of medication since your surgery? Sounds like you need to follow up with a GI doctor to either be on medication or to have medication tweaked/changed.

As far as getting relief from stopping the ecig I'm sorry but I have no experience with that.

It was the ecig!!! I've been having unexplained stomach and chest pains since 6/2015.I was told I have Crohns on 5/2015,so,I quit smoking cigarettes and started the Blu ecig 2.4 nicotine,,thinking it was the healthy thing to do.I NEVER thought that the ecigs would of caused this!!!! I put the ecig down 2 weeks ago and I feel GREAT!!! It took 3 days to where I was feeling normal..This is HUUUUGE!!!! I've been in and out of the ER,4 or 5 times and nothing was found.It was driving me absolutely crazy not knowing what the hell was wrong with me.WOW!!!! I'm extremely happy :) :) :) :) People,,it may not happen to you,but,it messed me up and ruined a lot of times with my son.Just WOW!!!! BTW,,I'm a daily cannabis smoker and I've been eating like a horse!!! I've already gained 15 of the over 30lbs I've lost,because of that STUPID ecig!!!

annawato

Staff member
So was the ecig causing all your problems or just ones after you stopped cigs? Do you still have crohns?
I stopped smoking real cigs in June 2012 and got my second stoma in December of that year after a long hospital stay (nearly 5 months). Anyway since then I've had no more Crohns tummy pains and feel so much better for not smoking real cigs with all their added chemicals. We are all different though and what helps one person can be bad for another.
I'm so glad it helped you stopping them. We'd all be better stopping any smoking/vaping but for those who can't stop, ecigs seem to be a lot safer and better option. We all just have to listen to our bodies and do what works for us.
All the best,