• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

BM Challenges: What Works for You?

Hi All,

I'm currently six weeks out from advancement flap surgery, aiming to finally get rid of fistulas that have become more than just a pain in the butt.

While I'm on Humira and Lialda currently, my ongoing challenge is solid, formed BMs. My doctors want me to aim for constipation but I'm still struggling to find the right mix of diet, supplements and OTC and Rx drugs that will hopefully lessen the irritation that loose BMs cause my fistulas.

After working with fiber supplements (pills, powder and wafers), I'm currently trying Immodium AD (two pills daily) and was just given a few week's worth of VSL#3 to try by my GI. Too early to see if this helps but, if not, we'll likely try Questran.

Anybody else have similar issues? I know our bodies are all different, but I'd love to hear what has/hasn't worked for you!