• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Books on health

What books have you read on the subject of Crohn's/colitis/digestive health? I'm an avid reader especially when taking things into my own hands (like my health) and am always in search of a new book to teach me something that will help me learn more about helping myself so I'm not so reliant on the medical community. I get quite excited when I find a new interesting book and found one in London a few days ago. (Isn't Foyle's bookshop a treasure!?) My current mission has transferred from finding a diet that works to how exactly does the digestive system work and how is it affected by our living/eating styles because it is so different from person to person. I learn bits and pieces that work for me from each book and move on to another. I've just picked up a copy of Gut Wisdom: Understanding and Improving Your Digestive Health by Alyce M. Sorokie. It doesn't apply to Crohn's/colitis specifically though does mention it under the umbrella term of IBS but is more informative than any Crohn's/colitis book I've ever seen. It is something of an "alternative" approach but is also a great place to learn the basics about that part of the body we're dealing with on a daily basis and how important it is to the whole of our bodily health.
Anyone else?