• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bowel leakage

The only solution I've found for this is to take loperamide (immodium), but it is not a long term solution and can cause constipation if you have too much.
I only take it when I have to, when I am flaring and I know that I won't be near a toilet for most of the day.
Some others have found help from cholestyramine but I have never taken that personally.

Lady Organic

Staff member
If I am in an active flare, I know I cant pass gas without a leakage (too much liquid stools and mucus in the rectum), so I have to keep it inside, or I have to run to a toilet. Must be quite common with other patients too. Are you in a active flare right now?

This started happening after I had a seton thread placed in a fistula. I don't know if I'm allergic to the seton. I'm always in pain.