• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bowel movement nightmare!

Yesterday I was cramping for hours and then late into the night the cramps got severe. The whole ordeal was hours and nothing was coming out. I was shaking, holding on to the wall and screaming, and threw up. Its was so painful I thought I was going to die. I kept getting cold. Finally I passed some stole then it was a ton of watery bm.has anyone ever experienced a bowel movement as horrifying? I would rate the pain as " someone put me out of my misery". I recently got out of the hospital because of inflammation causing severe pain.

afidz

Super Moderator
lola89 I would be concerned of a partial obstruction, if this persists I would call your doctor or seek medical help. Do you know if they found any stricturing when you were in the hospital?

lola89 I would be concerned of a partial obstruction, if this persists I would call your doctor or seek medical help. Do you know if they found any stricturing when you were in the hospital?
They took a scan and said there was inflammation. That's all they said to me. I was having pains like I did with my partial blockage. I was put on low residue and went home when I felt better about a day later.

annawato

Staff member
Lola it does sound like a partial blockage however the pain from D or gas can be excruciating too. I had pain this bad when I had bad strictures that kept causing blockages that would then pass after hours of agony only to represent later on. don't put up with it if it continues. Ask for help. Poor you, it does not sound fun at all. :(

The experience does sound like a partial blockage or impacted colon that you managed to finally pass; i had to go to the hospital to get mine out. But what you described is what I went through prior to going to the hospital but I didn't get it out and went to the pros cause I couldn't take it anymore and the bleeding got quite bad. I'd actually asked for help from the pros the day before via phone and was told to take miralax but wasn't bleeding at that point.
Are you feeling any better now? I would say you definitely need to relate this to your doctor even if it is taken care of for now, in case it recurs. I really hope for your sake that it does not happen again because like you said the pain is the 'kill me now' variety.

Where was your cramping located, was it mid abdomin or lower??? I am so sorry you went through that, hope it has calmed down. I would definitely tell your doc about it..

Yesterday I was cramping for hours and then late into the night the cramps got severe. The whole ordeal was hours and nothing was coming out. I was shaking, holding on to the wall and screaming, and threw up. Its was so painful I thought I was going to die. I kept getting cold. Finally I passed some stole then it was a ton of watery bm.has anyone ever experienced a bowel movement as horrifying? I would rate the pain as " someone put me out of my misery". I recently got out of the hospital because of inflammation causing severe pain.

Since that day I hadn't had a bm till today. The cramps again are horrible and located lower on abdomen by my sides. Its almost a burning sensation. Defiantly calling doctor. Humira isn't working I guess.

I agree it sounds very much like a partial obstruction. If the pain gets that bad again, consider going to the ER or at the very least calling your doctor.