• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Brand new here..Crohns, to start Humira soon!

Hi all.. I'm SO happy to have found this site. I'm 53, found out I had Crohns in April 2012. 3 hospitals stays later and 4 months of relieve on Entocort and I was again back in hospital a couple of weeks ago with infection/blockage of the terminal ileum due to inflammation. I live in TN.

Am on Pred/Cipro/Flagyl as of now. The plan is to start Humira in a few weeks. I know no one who even has crohns so I so look forward to other understanding people here.

It's so encouraging to have found other people that KNOW what we live through with this disease.

Would SO appreciate support and will give support as well. I have found this is a lonely disease. I try to keep a great sense of humor through it all.

Feel free to email me anytime... Hugs and looking forward to meeting all of you as I learn this site and the wonderful people you all seem to be.

This is a photo of my mom and I! At 87, she rocks!
Rach

Dukeis

Dynastic Overlord
Welcome to the Forum! Yes you have found a great place where people understand what you are going through and are always ready to offer their support.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi RachE, welcome to the forum! :) You're right that it is a lonely and isolating illness, particularly when you don't know anyone else who has it. I'm glad to hear that you try to keep a sense of humor about it, that's great! I do find that my sense of humor leaves me sometimes when I'm feeling very ill, and I hate that I let that happen. I'm trying to work on that. I wish you lots of luck with the Humira! I hope it works wonders and helps you feel a lot better!

Astra

Hiya Rach
and welcome

Really hope the Humira works for you, I started it 3 weeks ago, and other than a mild rash, I've been ok.
I was in hospital 3 years ago with the same as you, infected and blocked, on Pred and Flagyl too.
It's good to have you here with us!
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

RachE, I hope your journey with Humira goes well. I am also new here (second post!) so welcome to you!

I am also supposed to be started on Humira as soon as possible. The doctors have been telling me this for over six months and I am so hesitant about it... but I'm going into another flare so I think I may have to. It's supposed to lead to a better quality of life, so maybe I should try it.

Good luck to you and hope it goes well!