• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bright Red Blood on top of Stool

Just now I went to the bathroom and after I went, I saw there was bright red blood on top/sticking to one of my stool. I am not sure was that the stool that was kind of hard to pass when i was going (sorry TMI). And now my butt hole feels kind of sore. I am really paranoid and scare right now. It is something to be alarmed??

What sort of volume? Streaks or loose and mixing with water in the toilet? Couple possibilities that I can think of for you: strictures with tearing, hemorrhoids, fistulas. If you haven't seen this before, have a chat with your doc.

What sort of volume? Streaks or loose and mixing with water in the toilet? Couple possibilities that I can think of for you: strictures with tearing, hemorrhoids, fistulas. If you haven't seen this before, have a chat with your doc.

It's like two to three short streaks and my butt hole still feel sore and kind of like pain inside. It's freaking me out

If it was hard to pass and it bright red blood, which has left you with a sore bum, I'd put bets on that it is a fissure xx

Thanks Sorebutt26. Hehe. Your username fits how I feel right now. Yeah, I'm hoping is nothing serious. I contacted my doc already

This happens to me with Crohn's flares, but usually only with very bad diarrhea. I'm told it's caused by ulcers.