• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bronchitis+Cimzia

After one whole week on Cimzia, I started getting sick (sinuses, coughing). I went to the doctor today and I have bronchitis. She put me on antibiotics. I'm due for my next Cimzia injections on Friday. Since I'm on my loading doses, it's important that I do them on time. I'm just worried that it will make the bronchitis worse. But I'll have been on antibiotics 3 days by then. It will be ok, right?

Nope, you cant have the treatment if your ill or have any kind of infection. It will make you worst and could lead to pnemonia. I had a cold and my dr said no go...had to be off antibiotics for 7 days before I could do my treatment. Hope you feel better, and good luck

I was first on remicade, then humira, and currently on cimzia. I think cimzia knocked my immune system down farther than any of the prior 2 meds. I have had crazy illnesses since being on it over a year now.
I wouldn't take your dose if you are sick.
Hope you are better soon.