• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bruising?

I have been on Entocort since early January, and about to get my third loading dose of Remicade. Tapering off the Entocort, and down to 6mg/day.

I noticed over the past few tags that I have some broken blood vessels in my legs. I just started running again, but this isn't normal for me. Today I noticed that I have some weird bruises, I don't know where I got them. I don't usually bruise easily.

Could this be caused either medication? Should I be alarmed?

I bruise very easily any way but I did notice I bruised more and had visible red blood vessels when I'd been on prednisone a while. I just checked my pred. info leaflet now and it lists easy bruising, "thinning of the skin", and slow wound healing as potential side effects. How similar is entocort to prednisone? If they have a lot in common it could well be from that. I don't know about remicade.

I wouldn't worry too much, but you might want to be careful when running as an injury to the skin might be more serious when you're on medications.