• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Budenofalk 9mg

After Pred and Azathioprine hasnt worked I am due to start Budenofalk 9mg in the morning, the doctor says if I dont feel better in 2 weeks to phone him then Im going on infliximab.

Has anyone had a course of Budenofalk 9mg, how was it for you?

Thanks in adavance. :sign0085:

Hi Noname,

I hadn't heard of budenofalk but just googled it and think it's the same as budesonide?

If so, I found this a lot better than prednisolone as it gave me a lot less side effects. I feel it works slightly better for me than pred to.

Sorry I can't be more help! x

Thanks for the reply Artifical, big help. Yea its the same.

If it worked better than the pred then thats brill because when I was on my highest dose of pred I felt brilliant, my symptons were completely gone. Now im off it and just on aza my symptons are all back.

Im due to start it in the morning, how long were you on it? Im guessing pople cant stay on it for long because of the side effects just like pred? I have two weeks on it then if I dont feel better which I dont think I will I've to phone the doc.

Last edited:
I was on it for about 1 year. Significantly less side effects, because it is not easily absorbed, so it mainly acts in the intestines. It's a synthetic cortisone, designed specifically for IBD treatment.