• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Budesonide - going crazy!

This is my first course of budesonide (was on prednisone for my first flare). I feel like I'm going nuts. I've been on for two weeks and I'm starting to get some of the same symptoms I did on the pred, they just took longer. I think my face is getting a little puffy, I move around all night and feel like I'm barely sleeping, I feel emotional and anxious...I don't know what's going on! Could this be the meds?

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. It could be the meds. Can you give the pharmacy or doctor a call to be sure?

Spoke with my doctor yesterday. She said it could indeed be the meds. Budesonide is supposed to be more of a GI targeted steroid as opposed to prednisone which wrecks havoc everywhere. Obviously, the medication isn't perfect and some gets out of the GI tract. I am pretty sensitive to medications, and my doctor said she rarely hears of anyone having these side effects to budesonide, so I wouldnt worry! I started my taper today, so hopefully it will be out of my system soon!