• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Burning Skin

I was diagnosed last summer and have read some threads on this forum since then. I enrolled in the forum today to see if I could receive any insight into the burning sensation I am having on my skin. I have felt this several times before, mostly on my face, and have been starting to see a pattern when I am having a flare up. However, this latest bout of it is my face, arms and torso. Anyone else ever experience the burning skin feeling?

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Do you get any marks on your skin with this burning sensation? What meds are you on and is your doc aware of this? Have your vitamin levels ever been checked?

AB
xx

Hi Angrybird,
I do not have any marks on my skin. I am currently on Pentasa and my Doctor is not aware of this as yet. Also, I have not had my vitamin levels checked before. Would my GI Dr. do this? Or would I go elsewhere for that?

Angrybird

Your GP should be able to sort this for you, one level to have checked especially is your B12. How are things at the moment tummy wise? When are you next due to see your GI?