• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Burping

I burp A LOT! Way more than a civilized lady should...am I just nasty or do people with Crohns burp more than the average human. I can put my 11 year old boy to shame. But seriously, it grosses me out and sometimes shocks me. I don't think I pass gas more than the average person. What do you all thnk?

David

Co-Founder
Have you ever been evaluated for SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) and H.pylori? Both can lead to excessive burping. I'm not sure if having Crohn's increases your chance of havign H.pylori, but SIBO is very common in people with Crohn's.

Years ago, when I started having recurrent gut pain I was tested for h pylori. I was told I tested positive and was given flagyl. I was unable to complete the course of antibiotics due to vomiting with the flagyl, and truth be told I have no recollection of what occurred after that. I will talk with my GI about this when I see him next.