• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

C-Diff Testing

Scipio

ERs can generally order any test that the lab provides. They may not have a suitable analyzer right there in the ER, but often they do. And if not they can send the specimen up to the main hospital lab.

Lynda Lynda

Thank You for your replies.

I was at the ER last Thursday for what I assume were Crohn's flare related symptoms. The ER tested my blood and my urine. But since I have an IBD I thought maybe they would test my watery poop too.
I have a video call with the NP at my GI Office today to discuss my ER visiit.

Take Care. 🦋

Sorry to hear of this latest challenge.

I hope you get some solid information at that appointment and get things headed back to wellness

Good luck!

Lynda Lynda

Sorry to hear of this latest challenge.

I hope you get some solid information at that appointment and get things headed back to wellness

Good luck!
I was doing well on Humira for 3 years.
This year I was diagnosed with a Crohn's flare.
Now I am starting all over with my Crohn's treatment.
I was prescribed Stelara in May, but had to locate funding because of the cost, delaying my Stelara Infusion by 6 months.
It could take 6 - 8 months before the Stelara starts working.
It's emotionally challenging as well as physically.
Thank You for your support.
I hope some day that there will be a cure for these Inflammatory Diseases, my sister has bad Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Take Care. 🦋