• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Calamari

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had calamari? I went for dinner last night, and part of my meal was calamari...this morning I had an "attack" that was so painful. I am now feeling better, but am trying to figure out what else I need to stay away from. I also shared a small bit of couscous...so possibly a combination of the two...
I appreciate your comments and dietary suggestions.
Cheers,
Kailua

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Hi Kailua,
I know that I can't eat fried foods at all, including calamari. It's not healthy for you anyways, so best to avoid :)

calamari is squid, right? i'm allergic to all seafood, so i know this would definitely make me very ill. my reaction to it, before i realised, wasn't the usual allergic symptoms such as swelling or shortness of breath - i used to vomit alarmingly whenever i'd eaten scampi or prawns, and get awful stomach ache for days. maybe you're just sensitive to seafood also?

I had to look up Couscous, as i have not even heard of it. It basically sound like Wheat with more Wheat around it. I am pretty sure this would make me ill, even though I do not officially have Celiac Sprue. My daughter does, and she cannot even get a speck of gluton in her food.

You may have an intolerance to large amounts of Gluton. I have this, yet I can eat some wheat. Malt is loaded with Gluton and I cannot tolerate it. You may want to experiment to see if you should be avoiding wheat.

Oh yeah, Calimari would probably be bait up here as well. Although i have to admit I have not ever seen a squid in our lakes.

Last edited: