• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Calmoseptine

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
WOOOOT!! Calmo fans UNITE!
I am sooooo lucky - my local grocery store stocks it, and when they are out they get it by the next day! I have a big-ass tube in my purse, I love it so!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I JUST FOUND A CALMOSEPTINE GROUP ON FACEBOOK!!!!!
Hmm, the administrator looks strangely like GoJohnnyGo...
I am SO joining that group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109044411589

In other news - I mailed some Calmo to someone for Christmas, and they have just reported that they tried it today. Sorry they had to use it, but glad I could be there for them =)
Cool and soothed A-holes for all!

My Butt Hurts said:
I JUST FOUND A CALMOSEPTINE GROUP ON FACEBOOK!!!!!
Hmm, the administrator looks strangely like GoJohnnyGo...
I am SO joining that group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109044411589

In other news - I mailed some Calmo to someone for Christmas, and they have just reported that they tried it today. Sorry they had to use it, but glad I could be there for them =)
Cool and soothed A-holes for all!
just got delivery of my calmo on fri and all i can say is wonderfull stuff i wish i'd had it years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumright:

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
I turned a commoner onto the beloved pink power!
I am SO open about Crohn's at work - the custodian came to my room and told me about his rashy hemmerhoid butt!
I told him to get some Calmo. Yay for spreading our fanny knowledge to the common people!
(I wanted to take my tube out of my purse and give him a littel squeeze, but I somehow controlled myself :tongue: )

> Yay for spreading our fanny knowledge to the common people!

Don't you just love the way two nations are divided by a common language!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Thanks Fenway and Shantel. After reading my review, my daughter thinks I'm totally un-cool. (She just doesn't know how cool and minty fresh I really am!)

Thank you Calmoseptine:ycool: :ycool:

J

JillianB82

:) It's great stuff!!

Like MBH I offer it to EVERYONE!!! We get a lot of little stomach "bugs" at work & everyone know which classroom to hit when the big D starts LOL

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Shantel said:
I went to Walgreen's last night to see if they carry it = and they don't! I guess I'll have to order it online - dern it!!
Did you ASK them about it? KatieSue got hers at Walgreen's and I think they had it by the next day. My grocery store gets it by the next day too.
My coworker just got his in stock at Eckerd (not sure if you have those there).
OR - some stores keep it behind the counter cuz it's just so dang valuable! You just have to ask for it.
LOVEMYCALMOSEPTINE!

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
:ywow: THIS is what I've been missing????!??!?!?!?!???!!

I got mine last night. Don't take this the wrong way, but after 3 straight days of explosive and painful D, I almost cried when I put it on b/c it felt so nice :worthy:

I've been in love with this stuff since I found out about it. My twin, who had to have his gallbladder out amongst other things (like a heart valve) has had chronic D lately too and loves it. Unfortunately he dropped the tube on the floor and stepped on it, squirting it all over the carpeted part of my bathroom and the wall. Damn that is hard to clean up. I also don't use it with underwear I expect other people to see the inside of hehe.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
Jon, it's so tough to use it and then put underwear on... well, full-back underwear! :tongue:

Any ladies w/me? :D

Anyone? :)

Is this thing on? :confused2:

Crap... :(

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Shantel said:
Hey - what the heck is "diarrhea perspiration"? Have you read the back of the tube? That is a strange thing to use it for.
:ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2: :ylol2:
Thank you posting that. I read that too...I'm going to Google it to see if it's real or just a misprint. I hope it's not some exotic Crohn's symptom I have yet to experience. (TMI... my husband says its when sweat runs down your crack and it burns)
http://www.writing.com/main/books/item_id/1578384
Okay I googled it and its a misprint. Should read excessive perspiration. Someone actually called the company to find out. Thank God!!:calmo: :calmo:

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
It sure is great. Here was my review when I first got this stuff. I dug it up and chuckled...

My review of Calmoseptine – It lives up to the hype

My 4oz tube arrived from Amazon.com today. (I wonder what the packager was thinking when he filled my order…one kindle and one tube of ass cream.)

Anyway, I anxiously awaited my first dump. Yes, after years of dreading trips to the bathroom, this day I couldn’t wait for my bowels to start stirring. I had to try this stuff. Would it live up to MBH’s hype?

The moment came.

No bidet in sight, I hopped in the shower for a quick wash and rinse. Patted myself dry and grabbed the tube to squeeze out my first drops of calmoseptine. I was caught off guard by the pink, pasty cream itself. Not only was the clay-like consistency unexpected, but the smell wasn’t minty fresh. More like, well, clay.

But, I figured, here goes. And here’s what went through my mind in those initial moments

…what’s the big deal
…oooh, that’s nice
…wow, feels like someone’s behind me blowing air
…is it wrong that I like this so much?
…this 4oz tube isn’t going to last very long – better order the value pack next time

So there you have it. Calmoseptine – a crohnie’s new best friend.

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
It was a horrible day, filled with excessive diarrhea, hours in the bathroom, and by then, even those nice, cool bum wipes were burning :(
Enter: awful diarrhea for the hundredth time that day.
Thought to myself, "my, what a perfect time to try this little tube."
Went just one more time... cleaned up... put in my nightly butt rocket (Canasa)... was almost crying by the time it was in.
Looked at the Calmo and said, "god, I hope you're as good as CF peeps say you are..."
Put it on, and my butt went from soothed to cold to numb in a matter of seconds.
IMHO - It does more than live up to the hype - it blows it out of the water.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Santos61198 said:
It was a horrible day, filled with excessive diarrhea, hours in the bathroom, and by then, even those nice, cool bum wipes were burning :(
Enter: awful diarrhea for the hundredth time that day.
Thought to myself, "my, what a perfect time to try this little tube."
Went just one more time... cleaned up... put in my nightly butt rocket (Canasa)... was almost crying by the time it was in.
Looked at the Calmo and said, "god, I hope you're as good as CF peeps say you are..."
Put it on, and my butt went from soothed to cold to numb in a matter of seconds.
IMHO - It does more than live up to the hype - it blows it out of the water.
Yeah!! Awesome:) :)
I think I am going to give it as Christmas gifts this year. (Just Kidding)
I put some on my sons bug bite today it really helped with the itching. At first he thought it was tooth paste. That could be a mix up waiting to happen!!

farm

Captain Insaneo
My review.

I was dieing at work. Could not wait to get home and explode in the comfort of my own home, that way ice cubes would be much easier to access afterwards.
When I got home a package was in the mail. I opened it up and laughed for quite a while (you'd have to know where it came from.)

Then again I rush to the bathroom and blow it up pretty well. It's hard to even tear off the toliet paper knowing it would act pretty much like sandpaper by this time.
So I cleaned up and opened up this tube of cream. Pressed on it and was shocked it was pink. I added it to my bum and by the time I got my underware up I thought, "Nice." By the time I made it to the living room I thought, "That's very nice right there." Once I made it to the kitchen I ran back to the bathroom to hide the tube in fear someone may find it and use some of it; this stuff is the b-diddly-omb! I love to numb!!

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
I love to numb!!
:thumleft: :ywow: :ysmile:
I love it, it sounds like a verse in a song.

I LOVE TO NUMB
WHEN THE BUM'S A BURNIN, YOU GOTTA PUT OUT THE FIRE...

farm

Captain Insaneo
fenway1971 said:
Hahahahahaha.
That's what I said!

Itchy, watery bum?

Calmoseptine
The anytime pleasing, thank God that’s cooling, underware staining, finally some peace, man my bum is NUMB, medicine.

Last edited:

farm

Captain Insaneo
My Butt Hurts said:
Calmoseptine is some awesome stuff. Who is the amazing person who introduced it to this forum anyways??
I dunno, but I love 'er with everything in me!:)

J

JillianB82

My Butt Hurts said:
Calmoseptine is some awesome stuff. Who is the amazing person who introduced it to this forum anyways??
I don't know, but I will kiss their butt for doing so :ladysman:

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
My Butt Hurts said:

I am going to lobby the manufacturers of the Calmoseptine to make you their official spokes person. They could put your personal testimonial on the tube with your picture.:) :)

By the way thank you for sharing the info about this stuff.:grumpy: <<<That was me before the pink stuff, Now I'm >>:emot-waycool:

nogutsnoglory

Not to be a critic but I just purchased this and if I thought my butt was burning before, now I feel like I have a full on forest fire. I will try it a few more times and be more careful to avoid the open and just put it on the walls but right now ouch.

Sounds like you needed it a few days before you got it maybe NGNG? If you are really raw it could burn a bit - but I would keep trying it as it creates a nice barrier to keep you from continuing to be raw.

It sure is thick! I had to use both hands just to squeeze out a little blob! But it sure does feel amazing!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
If it wasn't for MBH, none of us would have relief! Thanks for this information.

It sure is thick, but it works, thank goodness for that.

So i've got the sniffles and my nose was really sore, raw...Put some Calmo on it, works like a dream! I mean, it's still sore, but it's saving it from the tissue. :p