• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Calmoseptine

Hey guys,
I went to get some Calmoseptine today, and the Pharmacy at Superstore hadn't heard of it...Anyone from BC have any ideas on where to get it?
If not, any alternatives, in the event i can't find it? I picked up some Vaseline and zinc, hoping one would help, but would love suggestions.
Thanks!

Thanks, i didn't even think to look online!
I found a Canadian online supplier that even had free shipping, so a little cheaper.
Thanks again! :)

GoJohnnyGo

One Badass Dude
Calmoseptine should be readily available in BC. I'm in Alberta, and I can get it from Safeway pharmacy, Shopper's, Rexall and even smaller pharmacies. Either in-stock or special order delivered within a few days.

It's not exactly an unheard of product. Surprised Superstore gave you the *cough* bum steer.

Maybe next time i need it i'll check with Safeway. I didn't really have the oomph to run all over looking for it, although i guess i could have called....:p

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hi there, in Ontario there is a Shoppers drug mart, if you have one out there, go to the pharmacy and ask for it, and if they dont it will take about 2 days for them to get it. Alot cheaper there. I pay around 12 bucks tax included. Fair size tube and oh, get pantyliners, you will need them...gotta run! PM if you still cant find it.

Thanks Jettalady!
The stuff online was 13 bucks, so i'll deffinately check shoppers next time, thanks so much!
I also found some flushable moist wipes, i think they may be a lifesaver too!

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I am so glad you found it and you will just love it, if it weren't for MBH I would still be suffering from bile acid butt soreness. I use the feminine wipes too, it doesnt have alcohol but has Aloe... feels sooooooooo nice. I will never be without those or pantyliners ever again! Let us know how you like it!

HEY, I understand about the Calmoseptine and the moist wipes, but what am I suppose to do with the pantyliners? Nobody said anything about having to buy panties, too. Come'on guys you gotta tell me about this things sooner. Maybe that's why I didn't get any relief using the Calmoseptine and the wipes. Must be all 4 items work together.

Hey, what would you guys suggest for the best panties, Janis' won't fit me so I have to get my own.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Pantyliners are so thin and you can put them a little farther back, and it stops the stains in the panties (or underwear you wear lol).... you need dynamite to get that stuff off! I can see who does your laundry lol.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
The Calmoseptine turns your panties pink...well, I mean your briefs;). The liners also keep the Calmoseptine from sticking to your undies.

Jettalady said:
Pantyliners are so thin and you can put them a little farther back, and it stops the stains in the panties (or underwear you wear lol).... you need dynamite to get that stuff off! I can see who does your laundry lol.
All I know is that they come off with streaks and go back on the next time as white as could be. You don't think she just throws them out and buys new ones do ya? Maybe its the streaks is why she won't let me wear hers. I keep telling her that I promise to do more re-wipes but she still says no. Where's the love! Where's the compassion! WHERE'S THE BATHROOM!!!!:eek2: :poo:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Pirate said:
All I know is that they come off with streaks and go back on the next time as white as could be. You don't think she just throws them out and buys new ones do ya? Maybe its the streaks is why she won't let me wear hers. I keep telling her that I promise to do more re-wipes but she still says no. Where's the love! Where's the compassion! WHERE'S THE BATHROOM!!!!:eek2: :poo:
:ylol2: :ylol2:

Hi Tamesis, don't know whereabouts in BC you are - but I'm in Chilliwack, and you can get Calmoseptine at Pharmasave without having to order it in (they stock it!!!)

*Pirate - you're crazy* lol

DMS, we're practically neighbors! I live in Abbotsford, and actually work at the hospital in Chilliwack (off right now due to illness though)

Thanks for that, i'll check it out!

Pirate said:
Miss Pop, I think you need to send Pirate that little video you sent to me - I can't seem to find it on youtube to post - but I think he would get much appreciation from it :O)

Peaches, just remember, I get really embaressed really easy. Don't make me blush cus I get really lite headed when all my blood runs to my face and neck.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Peaches said:
Miss Pop, I think you need to send Pirate that little video you sent to me - I can't seem to find it on youtube to post - but I think he would get much appreciation from it :O)
I tried to upload it on youtube and photobucket but, it is copyrighted and it wouldn't allow me to do it....Maybe someone who is more computer savy could figure out a way to do it. I am frustrated easily when it comes to computers.

I watch my ass and I end up running into things. Of course, Janis says I have a cute tushy so I don't need to watch my ass.

So don't Recto Verso me.