• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Calprotectin

Guys is 55mg/kg calprotectin much? Yesterday i got that result, just two days after me and my family suffered enterovirus.

Below 50 is deemed normal. In IBD active flares the Drs will start taking notice over 200... Mine was sitting around 150 & they wouldn't start any meds, it slowly started to rise then hit over 600 before they started me on Humira (after a failed attempt at imuran). My daughters (11) CP was 55 & they weren't worried... Hope that helps.. ☺

Guys is 55mg/kg calprotectin much? Yesterday i got that result, just two days after me and my family suffered enterovirus.
You surely can do much better, and cant be in the Crohn's club yet. Come back on this forum with serious results like ours around 500-1000 ;D

I'm obviously kidding, calprotectin measures white cells deposits so in case of some infection going on it can go up slightly but not as in Crohn's cases..