• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Camels Milk

Strange question perhaps :smile:

But does anyone here drink camels milk?

I cannot drink cows milk with UC. And I detest goats milk and soy milk. I do struggle with plant milks like almond, but will drink them.

Been hearing a lot about camels milk lately. Not yet been able to source it though.

On the website link below, I have read this:

Although scientists around the world have been devoting a lot of time to the health benefits of camel’s milk, typical of our academic arrogance in the US serious research is pretty much ignored here. Moreover, cow’s milk lobby groups are doing whatever they can to keep the public in the dark about camel’s milk and are blocking imports from developing countries that could really use the income.

What we do know about camel’s milk is that it’s highly nutritious complete food. You could live on camel’s milk and thrive. Populations in Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia have relied on it for centuries. Camel’s milk is lactose-free and has a low-allergy casein molecule so it’s a great replacement if you have dairy sensitivities. It’s higher in vitamin C and iron and lower in saturated fat than cow’s milk. All in all, the camel milk molecule is much closer to the human milk molecule than that of our American cow.

So what can camel’s milk actually do for you?If you have a child with dairy sensitivities (chronic digestive symptoms, skin eruptions, unexplained behavior problems), switching to camel’s milk may be worthwhile. If you yourself have chronic digestive symptoms, or you’re struggling with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, try a trial run of dropping cow dairy and using camel’s milk for a month. If you feel better, just keep going.

https://wholehealthchicago.com/2015/08/31/depression-anxiety-probiotics-and-camels-milk/