• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Camera Pill results tomorrow

Hi,

I am new to this group and joined tonight hoping to learn more about IBD and how it may relate to my story. I also want to share my journey so far and how it may help others. I have been symptomatic for years, not sure how many, but for a long time! I have so many symptoms, which I will not list right now bc I need to go to sleep. But, my journey has been quite confusing and tiring as I know so many other people have this in common with me! I have had symptoms for years, but doctors have usually said nothing is wrong with me bc of the tests they ran. However, this past year, end of the year, I changed primary doctors and she was amazing and has changed my life. She ordered tests and took me seriously...and perhaps my body is finally able to express itself through the tests. She actually cared and believed I didn't feel well...how sad that other doctors look at your medical record and assume that because you are young that you are fine. Anyways, she found that my liver was not "happy." She sent me to a new GI doctor who found my IGG and IGA S. Cervasaie tests, which are markers for crohn's and colititis, were really high. He ordered a colonoscopy/endoscopy, which showed signs of Crohns disease. Then, a week and a half ago, I did the small bowel camera pill and will meet with the doctor tomorrow. The nurse called me to come in ahead of the scheduled appointment next week. So, I am a little nervous about what was found on this test since he wants me to come in early. The nurse also said I would be able to pick up pictures and the report to give to the surgeon? Not sure why she mentioned a surgeon, but I guess I will find out tomorrow?!

Three years ago, shortly after giving birth to our third child, I developed strange symtoms that eventually lead us to a Lyme Disease Diagnosis. Long story short, I was treated for Lyme for over a year and seemed to get better. I also went off gluten and seemed to get a lot better! I am not sure what I was actually dealing with, but it seems that gluten was and still is an issue for me! I was getting blisters, only on my hands, whenever I would eat certain foods, like gluten. I also get these blisters when I eat corn and soy. Even though I have seen allergists and gotten skin patch tests, which have been negative, I clearly have an issue with these foods!

I think I have a combination of problems missed by doctors for too many years. As many have realized, sometimes you are your own best advocate and doctor! I have learned so much lately and hope that one day less people will be pushed aside being told nothing is wrong with them! It really aggravates me that there is so much discrimination in the medical field.

So, my story is long and I know I chopped it up a bit, but I hope it helps someone and even helps me:):ghug:

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am glad you have decided to join, there is a lot of helpful info and support here for you. I will be keeping fingers crossed that the appt today will get you on the path to feeling better and that the mention of a surgeon does not mean an op is on the cards. Please let us know on how you get on.

AB
xx