• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can anyone help

Hi all, im undiagnosed still, am just wondering if any of you suffer with bad bad back pain and what is the cause of this, i am getting pain in my tummy and it feels like it is going through to my back, its my lower back and feels like its at the back of my sacrum, it goes through my buttocks and down my thigh its been getting worse and worse i thought it was associated with my tummy but im begining to think i may have something wrong with it on top of my tummy troubles.

PsychoJane

Ohhh I could not say for sure, I am guessing that maybe someone that has it will be able to confirm it but it could maybe be ankylosing spondylitis.
The typical patient is a young male,[3] aged 20–40, however the condition also presents in females. The condition is known to be hereditary. Symptoms of the disease first appear, on average, at age 23 years.[4] These first symptoms are typically chronic pain and stiffness in the middle part of the spine or sometimes the entire spine, often with pain referred to one or other buttock or the back of thigh from the sacroiliac joint.
It's a disease that has lots of similarity with crohn disease as far as immune system implication goes. So it is common to have both these disease together.
http://www.medicinenet.com/ankylosing_spondylitis/article.htm

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Sorry you are dealing with this porter.. check out Enteropathic Arthritis in Google, could be similar?

I do know that pain can radiated in the back and I have had that many times. Hurts like hell!

Hiya all i talked to my gp about this on friday he sent me for an xray as he did a look on my history and has seen since 2009 i have been complaining of bad back, what would they be looking for in this xray i really hope they can help all i seem to be doing it walking around in pain with heat patches on

How about other joint pain, sore near joints after exercising, bottom of the feet? Could be arthritis as mentioned above, disc problems if it is localised. The pain you are describing is what sent me to the doctor as it has not disappeared after months. I thought it was sciatica at first, but now am looking at ankylosing spondilitis. Already on remicade, so it is going to be a grin and bear it sort of thing, but at least I may find out how to maximize my mobility until it really sets in.

Hey porter
Your still undiagnosed !! That's awful , I know how you feel believe me , I waited 8 years as u know .

Did u have your pill cam after or any other tests ?
I get the lower back pain aswell but never asked the doc about it so I can't help there sorry but I do know that when I'm in a flare the back pain is always really bad !

Jen xx

hi jenny yeah i had the pill cam and it come back normal although i was on 35mg of steriods at the time my gastro said as i was so symptomatic something should have shown up, argggggh its a pain in the bum, im also getting pain at the top where my neck is also it feels stiff i guess i will just have to wait to see if the xray shows anything its just this on top of the tummy makes me feel so crap and horrible

Porter89 that sounds similar to the pain my mother had. She ended up having a tumor pressing on her spine and it caused incredible back pain that radiated down her legs. Not trying to be scary but she went undiagnosed for 2 years and it got bad so I don't like it when doctor's are slow at determining things. I hope whatever you have is easily fixable! Good luck.

Hi heameljon did your mother have crohns to? I have had an xray on friday the results should be in on tuesday or wednesday so i could call to see if they have found anything i am just very puzzled in what is causing this, i no you can get back pain with crohns but this seems like there is also something wrong with my back i have had problems with my joints in the past achilles tendonitis patella inflammation.

No, I am the unfortunate Crohnie in the family. Even though I hope you pain is Crohn's related and easily fixed I am just saying they thought she had back pain cause she had arthritis and didn't look for anything else and unfortunately by the time they figured it out it was too late. I never want us to have more than we do but just in case it's not Crohn's related please stay on top of getting a diagnosis ASAP.