• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can humira cause acne?

So I have been on humira 6 weeks exactly (today I inject my second maintenance dose) and I have began to notice some acne in my face along my jaw and hairline close to my ears.

I normally don't break out this much (I'm 32) and I didn't have this much acne months ago. In fact I had perfectly clear skin! Which oddly enough was while I was on prednisone. I haven't changed my diet much or anything else other than started to lightly workout. The only thing that has changed is starting humira.

Has anyone else experienced this?
TIA

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds is a teenager so he has acne now but was on humira in the early preteen years no acne at all (ages 9-14)
We were told woth inflammatory diseases such as crohns - the odds are more likely acne can appear far worse than average
Recommend seeing a dermatologist since it may not be acne
Crohns is associated with sweets syndrome (rare ) which can cause acne like pustular rash

good luck