• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can Humira cause psoriasis/skin conditions?

I've been getting psoriasis the last 2 years (been on Humira for 3) and was wondering if there was any correlation.... So if other's seem to get it; my understanding of psoriasis is it's caused from your liver being overworked and the toxins find a way to leave the body through the skin instead. I don't drink, smoke, take recreational drugs, my diet is relatively 'clean', only thing I can put it to is my Humira.

nogutsnoglory

Unfortunately Humira can treat or cause Psoriasis. Please talk to your doctor about this as soon as possible. You may need to be taken off this drug.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
yes, I have what appears to be a drug induced psoriasis on Remicade - but it isn't bad enough for me to be taken off....at least I feel the benefit of hte Remicade far outweighs the cons of the skin problems right now.

Well humira is causing my Dyshidrotic Eczema, but I can live with it . Nothing I have done has been able to help it while on Humira.

Dx'd JAN ,3/2013
Meds: AZA, Lialdo .. almost no effect
LDN - 4 months - mild help,
Preg - 1 year on/off - good effect
humira 2.5 years - remission