• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can Levsin cause veritgo??

I took a Levsin last night at 6pm. This morning, 12 hours later, I stepped down for my house to the garage and my world was spinning. It lasted 5 to 10 seconds but stopped me my tracks. I have never experienced anything like it!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I don't know the answer, but Levsin gave me some horrible side effects (mainly nausea & vomiting) so I wouldn't be surprised if it could cause vertigo as well. I have apparently experienced olfactory hallucinations from Bentyl - about an hour after taking it, suddenly everything smelled like body odor. Literally everything - my food, my pumpkin scented hand lotion, my whole body, my desk at work, etc. That stinky sensation went away after a couple hours and I hadn't taken anything else, so I presume it was a weird side effect of the Bentyl. Side effects can be really disconcerting sometimes! And I've experienced vertigo myself (I had labyrinthitis last year so I spent about 3 months with the world spinning like that) so I know how awful and scary that can be. It's probably best to ask your doctor about it and see if there's something else they can prescribe you.