• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can Prednisone make you sleepy?

ON the third day of prednisone intake i started feeling really tired, my eyes wont stop closing and i feel terribly sleepy most of the time.

Or maybe its the crohns? I think i have a partial blockage. :sign0085:

Astra

Can Pred make you sleepy?
You are kidding me, aren't you!
I'm bombing round like a bee on acid!

If you have inflammation, then this will make your immune system work overtime = instant fatigue! Give it a few more days to kick in, and then you'll soon notice a difference!
Good luck xxx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I'm with Joan and Rebecca, when I was on pred it made me really wired and energetic! I am on Entocort now and am a bit disappointed that I'm not getting the same energy boost from it that I had gotten from pred. Although the upside to not being wired all day is that I can actually fall asleep at night. :) I agree with Joan, give it a few more days. I think it can take up to a week to kick in (although for me it kicked in on the first day).

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Can Pred make you sleepy?
You are kidding me, aren't you!
I'm bombing round like a bee on acid!

If you have inflammation, then this will make your immune system work overtime = instant fatigue! Give it a few more days to kick in, and then you'll soon notice a difference!
Good luck xxx
:ylol2: She is a funny gal but nails it right on. Me too, just a whizzing around lol.

I can relate. I never sleep as good as I do on Prednisone. I have no idea why, but i take it right before bedtime and usually sleep like a rock.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
I can relate. I never sleep as good as I do on Prednisone. I have no idea why, but i take it right before bedtime and usually sleep like a rock.
It just goes to prove how we all differ even with meds. I have never taken my pred at night I would have a hard time sleeping even more!