• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can' take it anymore....going to ER!!

can' take it anymore....going to ER!!

Ok i havent been on here much lately because i have just been miserable and feeling so horrible everyday! My symptoms have just gotten worse from my last posts about myself! So i am finally going to take the advice of the patient administrator, and i will be heading to the ER in the morning! I would have gone tonight. but my husband works nights, and i had no help tonight. I have someone bringing me and help with my kids tomorrow. I am just so nervous that they are going to look at me and wonder why i am there! I really hope that is not the case and that i can get some more answers, or help with the pain and be sent in the right direction! I know that it will be time consuming as i am going to a hospital in Boston that i have never been to! I just cant take all of these symptoms and the pain anymore! Oh and the extremely painful BM are horrible and i am starting to bleed a little again. And something new on top of everything else going on is my hair is falling out and is extremely thin! I have no idea why, but that is freaking me out too!! So i think it is time and just hope and pray that they are able to help me in there! Thank you all for your on going support and i will update once i am able to!! Thanks again you are all wonderful people!! :)

**Hugs!**
I hope you can find some relief.
Never feel like you don't have the right to make sure you are ok. With our disease there are so many complications that can happen so quickly that if you feel you need to be checked out, insist they do it, and do it right. Don't settle for just a blood test if you really feel there is something wrong, insist on a C/T (or MRI? IDK if that's a more common test for finding abcesses, obstructions, etc. B/C I have steel pins and a plate in my hip).
My hair did the same thing for awhile BTW. Turned out I had multiple nutritional deficiencies from my bowel resections and the continued inflammation and structural damage. Ask if they can check B-12, Vit. D, potassium etc. levels!

Thank you so much SWT....i will be sure to have them check for any and all defficiencies, as i have been being treated for anemis, so i am thinking something else is going on as well! i hope that they do all they have to, so that i can feel better1 thanks again

NP! I am a huge advocate of taking matters into our own hands and going around our GI's and GP's if we have to! It saved my life at least 3 times! Twice for abcesses that my GP and GI basically dismissed as flares, and once for a strangulated bowel obstruction!
If you have to bawl your eyes out... it really works. Tell them you just can't take it anymore and you HAVE to know wether it's just a flare or something more. I have found most doctors take you more seriously if you can't keep it together. LOL

NP! I am a huge advocate of taking matters into our own hands and going around our GI's and GP's if we have to! It saved my life at least 3 times! Twice for abcesses that my GP and GI basically dismissed as flares, and once for a strangulated bowel obstruction!
If you have to bawl your eyes out... it really works. Tell them you just can't take it anymore and you HAVE to know wether it's just a flare or something more. I have found most doctors take you more seriously if you can't keep it together. LOL
SwtNdSpcy, I can SO relate. Same in my case, three times I had to get in charge because the doctors just wouldn't act. Two out of those three turned out to be emergencies. And yes, I've been learning to play tough with doctors too.

Best of luck sherry3535, my thoughts are with you...

Astra

I can't agree more, scream if you have to!
If we don't say anything and act submissive they just fob you off.
Be assertive Sherry and demand their attention, you shouldn't be suffering like this!
I wish you lotsa luck!
xxx

sorry but I think that is terrible that our system is that way - that we need to start crying in order to get help...

ameslouise

Hi Sherry - Hope things turned out okay at the ER and you were able to get some help.

Please let us know how you are doing. I agree with Wendy that it's horrible people have to go to the ER to get things done. If I called my GI and told him something was horribly wrong, he would see me right away. I have never had a problem with docs not taking me seriously. I guess I have been lucky to have found the right ones over the years.

Anyway, let us know how you are doing.

- Amy