• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Canasa suppositories?

Has anyone had success with this? Hat have you tried before? Is it easier to tolerate than enemas? I have a hard time keeping the enemas in.

I take them daily. They are easy and seam to help some with problems near the end. I have found that is best to use them after a large bowel movement. If not it seams to make me need to go.

I am in the middle of a flare and willing to try anything. Problem is I am not having bowel movements. Its all blood and mucous. Was wondering if thus would help. I have left sided uc.

They helped me with rectal spasms and rectal pain. The suppositories can only help the rectum...the medication won't reach much higher than that. Mesalamine foam or enemas reach higher up in the colon.