• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can't stop BELCHING

I need some help/ advice. For the past 4 months I've had chronic belching. It can make me feel nauseated. Sometimes i feel so hungry too, like I haven't eaten in ages even if I've only just finished eating! I wake up needing to belch, do it all day, and go to bed needing to as well. Im taking 40mg off omeprazole a day and degas. Im so over it though. Anyone else had anything similar?

It sounds like you are having issues with reflux. I've had it for years and it tends to come and go. I was on omeprazole for a while and it didn't help me much. There was a lot of trial and error with meds for this, but what finally helped me was carafate in liquid form.

It sounds like you are having issues with reflux. I've had it for years and it tends to come and go. I was on omeprazole for a while and it didn't help me much. There was a lot of trial and error with meds for this, but what finally helped me was carafate in liquid form.
Thanks for the reply. Ive been on 40mg of omeprazole and outs not doing anything. Im going for a scope on the 21st so hopefully we can sort it out sooner than later. Im finding degas is helping a bit.

Sounds like reflux issues...Rolaids Advanced works well for me. Plus the usual recommendations for reflux - don't eat within 3 hrs of going to bed, elevated your head when sleeping, don't eat too fast, no foods that aggravate (spicy foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, caffeine, acidic drinks or foods). Some days I am ok, some days are just bad no matter what I have drank or ate.