• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can't stop crying:-(

I can't stop crying! I did go to GI today and I am still flaring (which I knew) but now it is in my rectum, rectal inflamation which I am very uncomfortable and can't stop having diarrhea and having accidents, and continue to have right side pain. The GI moved my remicade up 4 weeks and increased the dosage, so I go on Monday morning at 0730. That is one reason,

I just feel like this will never end, will I ever feel better again?

I also received a call from my employer saying my FMLA has now expired and my job is no longer protected. I am still on Short Term Disability, and I may loose my job, which I love.

I feel like everything is falling apart.... I guess crying all day has helped me cleanse my worries....

Has anyone felt like the world is falling apart around you with this disease?

How am I going to live with this the rest of my life....

Just needed to let it out and I know there are so many here that are supportive and I am thankful for that!

Thanks for letting me get it out, I think I have hit my low:-(

Blessings to all,

Michele

Last edited:
I promise you it gets better.
I know this disease can take a lot away from life, but when you finally reach that place where you can breathe again- you will realize how strong you truly are.

When I was sick I felt like the world was crashing down around me, my body was out of control and there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it; but this is where I learned to remain calm, take a deep breath, and fight. You are strong and courageous. You have made it this far, and therefore you can win.

Know that there are people out there who love you and are praying for you.
Stay Strong,
Morgan

DustyKat

Super Moderator
You will feel better again hun. I know it is hard believe right now, when the days are so dark, but it will. You have a lot to cry about just now and it is normal and natural that you are. :hug:

I don't have Crohn's but both my children do but I have had all those feelings and still do at times.

When my kids were diagnosed and at their worst the world as I knew it no longer existed and I howled. They have both been in remission for some time now but you know what, the dark days get fewer and farther between until you suddenly realise that Crohn's doesn't consume every part of your waking day.

I will be honest and say that the black dog still comes calling occasionally but that is okay, why shouldn't he and it allows me to have a cry and then move on again. I think the last thing I think of at night and first waking moment will always be my kids and Crohn's but that is okay too, Crohn's is part of who they are are but it doesn't define them.

:hang: Michele, as Mo' has said, you are strong and you are courageous and you will beat this. :)

Sending tons of love and healing thoughts your way! :heart:

Dusty.xxx

Dragonfly.

I think we all totally understand how you feel. It actually helps me to just have one of those days when I can feel sorry for myself for a day. I don't usually let that happen, but once in a while you don't have to be strong all the time.

Then tomorrow, you can pick yourself up again, take one thing at a time, and deal with it.
You hang in there!

nogutsnoglory

I'm so sorry this is happening but hopefully the higher dose will help you.

Can you talk to your HR dept about your rights? I think sometimes they can extend FMLA. If they can't maybe they can make accommodations letting you work from home or not doing full days.

I felt that way for two years until it came under control now i can't remember how it felt being so sick, I've been working for over a year and I've been pretty fine. It does and can get better. You'll feel truly bless when you become fine again. Made me appreciate everything more.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there,
Do not worry about the tears! It is natural and good to let it out when you are having a very difficult time!! Worries about your illness and the time it takes to sort it out, plus concerns about your job are not easy to deal with. However, top of the list is your health!! Once the increase in meds kicks in , you will feel better. I shed a lot of tears too when meds did not work until Infliximab infusions did. I am now feeling a lot more able and cheerful : you will too, I promise!!! You need to talk so this forum is ideal for saying how you feel. I hope your boss becomes more understanding of your situation. That can not be easy either.
Let me know how you are. Thinking of you. Best wishes.
:rosette1::panda-wave-t::rosette1: