• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cant urinate

Hi i have a little problem , for a while now i cant urinate i feel that i have to go but when im there nothing happens and i have to strain to get something out :boring:

Maybe and im so scared for a catheter if it keeps going like this ughhh what else could go wrong, i cant handle anymore things coming up

Christi, I just looked up urinary blockages. There were like four different causes and one of them was diseases of the digestive tract. I hope it clears up soon.

Hi Christi

Can you give a bit more info? When you say you can't go and haven't been for a while, do you mean there has really been no urine at all? When did you last pass anything?

I don't want to scaremonger, but urinary retention can quickly become a serious medical emergency. If you can't pass anything despite being well hydrated then I would recommend you seek medical advice as soon as possible. Even a dehydrated person has a minimal amount of urine production and your bladder will continue to fill, so the sooner you act, the better.

Please let us know what you do.

Hi Christi

Can you give a bit more info? When you say you can't go and haven't been for a while, do you mean there has really been no urine at all? When did you last pass anything?

I don't want to scaremonger, but urinary retention can quickly become a serious medical emergency. If you can't pass anything despite being well hydrated then I would recommend you seek medical advice as soon as possible. Even a dehydrated person has a minimal amount of urine production and your bladder will continue to fill, so the sooner you act, the better.

Please let us know what you do.
Amen

Christi-you won't be able to wait until Monday. If you are drinking fluids and not urinating then it is a problem. You aren't having any pains when trying to urinate? Have you changed any of your meds recently? I had a friend who took Tramadol and had problems urinating

Im having the urge to urinate but when i get to the loo i just sit there i have to strain to get urine out , i sit and strain for a while. All my meds im taking is the normal that i take everyday. I do not have any pain with urinating

I had an abscess that was pressing on my bladder that was causing me pain, and difficulty urinating for like 5 yrs. The abscess was the result of a fistula from the small intestine to the blatter. Would not put off going to the dr at all if i were you. Hope your doing well.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hopefully you have gone to the doctor to be seen about this. Not to scare anyone, but a couple of years ago now my mother had a kidney stone which blocked one ureter and caused a backup into her kidney. Due to the ER doctor not running the right test, she ended up 'popping' one of her kidneys from the backup. Thankfully, this type of injury isn't severe, however it is severely painful. No medical intervention was needed other than getting rid of the kidney stone.

Hi all thanks for the replies i do have to say today were a lot better so hoping it continues this way , but will still keep an eye out

fuzzy butterfly

Glad you are feeling a bit better Christi. Please contact your doctor though if there is no major improvement very soon. Best wishes n hugs hun 💖💕