• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Career SOON :)

I've been studying medial transcription and will have a career/job in it by August or September! I'm so happy I'm not giving up on this even though I had to quit college last year because of crohns. I'm just practicing from home now, not doing the college thing. I'm 3 classes away from an Associate of General Science Degree if I ever decide to take Web3 courses online!!!!! So either way if my crohns doesn't get better or if I get better and get worse later I'll be working at home ANYWAY! I don't have kids so the money will be more than I've ever made being a server or data entry clerk! :) I'm sooooo excited! I'll have my own at home office, get multiple jobs in transcription and eventually take the web courses then get my degree from the community college!!!!!

Along with the degree I plan to get "certified" in Transcription eventually but that will have to wait. I'm very good at spelling and grammar for the most part! Spelling huge medical terminology words without looking them up seems to come very easy to me also! I LOVE THIS! Also being an independent contractor from home I'll be able to get multiple transcription jobs just sitting at home and these jobs can come from California or Florida doesn't matter where! I'll be sitting at home working and reaping all the benefits!!!! :D

I'm trying to get a housekeeping or data entry job while I wait, but my crohns keeps acting up too much! It's hard enough to drive to the place let alone have an interview. Plus my body seems prone to infections that keep me in the house. I also got APPROVED FOR MEDICAID! Also the gov is not cutting my food stamps on April 1st like they are for many people!